• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic School didn't work, what do i do??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sammygotaticket

I received a traffic ticket around mid-April in Northern California. About two weeks later, I received the proper documentation in the mail concerning how I approach the ticket, so I marked the fact that I wanted to do the traffic school attached with the check for the amount they requested. About a week after that, the letter came in approving my request to attend traffic school. I logged onto the courts website and picked one of their recommended traffic schools and completed the traffic school within the next 2 weeks. I mailed the certificate which I had received from the traffic school to the address of the court, as directed. About a month ago, my insurance said that I had a ticket on my record.. I called the court and they said that they had never received my certificate in the mail, assuming "it must have gotten lost in the mail", and that there's nothing I could do about it!! :mad:
However, I made a copy of the traffic school completion certificate, which was completed about a month before the deadline, and I need to know if there's someway I can file a motion to re-open my case. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

lwpat

This is why you should always send any legal document CRRR. It is your responsibility to be certain that the information is received by the court. Try going down and talking to the clerk, maybe someone will take pity on you.

sammygotaticket

yeah, i know, im only 18 and this is the first document ive ever been sending to a court, so i sure learned my lesson. I spoke to a clerk over the phone, since I live in Southern California where-as the court resides in Northern California, she said that the only way would be to file a motion.. any information concerning this would be helpful, thanks

HomeGuru

sammygotaticket said:
yeah, i know, im only 18 and this is the first document ive ever been sending to a court, so i sure learned my lesson. I spoke to a clerk over the phone, since I live in Southern California where-as the court resides in Northern California, she said that the only way would be to file a motion.. any information concerning this would be helpful, thanks

**A: have you requested another copy of the certificate from the traffic school?

ayron

cheapest easiest CA online traffic school

i just went to http://www.gototrafficschool.com/ and completed my online traffic school in an hour.. u need 32 out of 40 questions right on the exam.. you have 3 hours to complete the exam, if you miss a question u can go back and correct it within th 3 hour period.. very easy to do.. and if you use this code when u sign up you will save 5 bucks making this the cheapest and easiest traffic school online for only 15 bucks!
code REFD6C5
good luck! :cool:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You need to get to a college law library. Ask the librarian for the California Pleadings and Practice book that will show you the form and format to put together a Motion based upon Ca Code of Civil Procedure section 473 - - motion to set aside a judgment. Once it's complete, you file the original with the court, and you properly serve the District Attorney's office with a copy. Keep a copy for yourself.

You've got your work cut out for yourself.

IAAL

advicepls

There's an easier way

I had the same thing happen to me (the court is in N. CA) and the clerk told me " your case is closed, there is nothing you can do". However, I wrote a detailed letter to the commissioner pleading my situation and she re-opened my case. I sent another traffic school certificate to the court and they issued an Abstract for Dismissal to the DMV. I still had to follow up with my insurance to make sure they saw that the point was removed.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">