• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

chemical bomb in hotel restaurant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cldbwin

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Jersey

A group of us were in a cocktail lounge of a major chain hotel where we were guests. Next to the bar was a restaurant. The bar suddenly filled with smoke. We, with all occupants of the bar and hotel lobby, evacuated the building. The local fire department arrived and after assessing the situation they announced that a "chemical bomb" was set off in the restaurant incorrectly. After several hours we were permitted access to our rooms. Upon awakening in the morning I was nauseated and regurgitated. At check-out, the hotel clerk appologized for the "situation" and told us there was no charge for the room.
This is a rather simplified version.
Do we have any legal recourse?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cldbwin said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Jersey

A group of us were in a cocktail lounge of a major chain hotel where we were guests. Next to the bar was a restaurant. The bar suddenly filled with smoke. We, with all occupants of the bar and hotel lobby, evacuated the building. The local fire department arrived and after assessing the situation they announced that a "chemical bomb" was set off in the restaurant incorrectly. After several hours we were permitted access to our rooms. Upon awakening in the morning I was nauseated and regurgitated. At check-out, the hotel clerk appologized for the "situation" and told us there was no charge for the room.
This is a rather simplified version.
Do we have any legal recourse?

My response:

For what?

Did you go to the doctor? From the standpoint of a medical professional's opinion, what did you learn that caused you to be "nauseated and regurgitate"?

The problem is, you undoubtedly accepted the "free room" offer. That's a settlement.

IAAL

cldbwin

The fire cheif, who refused to disclose his name or badge id, did offer a list of chemicals to which we were exposed. I haven't spoken with my doctor yet.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cldbwin said:
The fire cheif, who refused to disclose his name or badge id, did offer a list of chemicals to which we were exposed. I haven't spoken with my doctor yet.

My response:

Unless and until you can prove "physical damages", you have nothing. That's going to take a medical opinion. Throwing up, and getting temporarily sick to your stomach, isn't going to make it. Besides, like I said, you already "settled". So, you have nothing anyway.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

For what?

Did you go to the doctor? From the standpoint of a medical professional's opinion, what did you learn that caused you to be "nauseated and regurgitate"?

The problem is, you undoubtedly accepted the "free room" offer. That's a settlement.

IAAL
Really? Did they also sign a release form promising not to sue? If not, it's not a "settlement." What utter nonsense. Wrong yet again.

Nonetheless, they appear to have no actual damages and are ahead with the free room so I think they need to stop whining.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Rhubarb297 said:
"Really? Did they also sign a release form promising not to sue? If not, it's not a "settlement." What utter nonsense. Wrong yet again."

MY RESPONSE: It's about time you finally admitted that your so-called answers are "utter nonsense" and "Wrong yet again". I guess you looked up "Accord and Satisfaction". If not, do so.

"I think they need to stop whining."

MY RESPONSE: Try practicing what you preach, Idiot Stick. And then, get a JD before you start spewing your nonsense from Podunk, Indiana.

IAAL

Hey I am always liable. Now thats an interesting argument you have their. I don't know if you remember me. I am the Patrolman that had BOLD LETTERING about three years ago. You were conserned because it was hard to read. Good to see you are still out and about.

dws613

What do you mean the fire chief wouldn't diclose his name or badge number? My father is a fire chief and is a public employee. He is required to disclose who he is, it's public information. Anyway, it wouldn't be hard to firgue out. Fire departments don't have very many chiefs (smaller/medium towns just have 1).

ENASNI

Yodel

I think the OP is over it... This post was from November.

Mr Rhubarb was just sticking his finger into another pie, without looking at
the date.

Just trying to rile up IAAL... like he needs it. Some of these posts can really
get to ya and rile you up without provocation.
There are some Sr members who stay cool, like Carl, and The Judge and Beth... but ummm... some are merely human.

Let this thread die. Okay?
And thank your father for being such a hero! :)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
Rhubarb297 said:
"Really? Did they also sign a release form promising not to sue? If not, it's not a "settlement." What utter nonsense. Wrong yet again."

MY RESPONSE: It's about time you finally admitted that your so-called answers are "utter nonsense" and "Wrong yet again". I guess you looked up "Accord and Satisfaction". If not, do so.

"I think they need to stop whining."

MY RESPONSE: Try practicing what you preach, Idiot Stick. And then, get a JD before you start spewing your nonsense from Podunk, Indiana.

IAAL
How many times must you look like a fool? If you think that a person's accepting a hotel room without anything more, constitutes a "settlement" then you are the biggest moron on these forums. You get a release signed. If they don't sign that document then most certainly they can still sue. This is truly the stupidiest thing you've ever said.. And that's saying a lot given the pure idiocy you've spouted on here. It's Lawyering 101...you get a release signed. Period.

I do have a J.D. and a law license. (They're not the same thing, you know.) The J.D. is from Indiana University-Indianapolis. I am a lawyer in good standing in the State of Indiana, admitted in the Fall of 1987, Bar No. 13737-49.

Now, moron, let's hear about your law license. Wait, you want to just play a pretend attorney on here and give people stupid (and wrong) advice.

Last edited:
ENASNI said:
I think the OP is over it... This post was from November.

Mr Rhubarb was just sticking his finger into another pie, without looking at
the date.

Just trying to rile up IAAL... like he needs it. Some of these posts can really
get to ya and rile you up without provocation.
There are some Sr members who stay cool, like Carl, and The Judge and Beth... but ummm... some are merely human.

Let this thread die. Okay?
And thank your father for being such a hero! :)
Thanks. Didn't realize it was apparently an older post. I don't have a problem with people giving bad information on these forums. It's an entertainment forum, after all. My problem with IAAL is he suggests that he's an attorney while giving advice that is wrong about 50% of the time. He shouldn't be misleading people regarding his lack of qualifications as well as his lack of knowledge on so many subjects.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Rhubarb297 said:
Thanks. Didn't realize it was apparently an older post. I don't have a problem with people giving bad information on these forums. It's an entertainment forum, after all. My problem with IAAL is he suggests that he's an attorney while giving advice that is wrong about 50% of the time. He shouldn't be misleading people regarding his lack of qualifications as well as his lack of knowledge on so many subjects.

My response:

You are such a fool. Apparently, you've never heard of "Accord and Satisfaction".

Do you sincerely believe that I have to justify and prove my professional qualifications to you? You see, unlike yourself, I don't need to "prove" anything. I'm very secure with myself, and my profession as an attorney.

You're a bigger fool than I ever thought. A fool is someone, like you, who places personal, and identifiable, information on an Internet site. What a dufus!

IAAL

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

You are such a fool. Apparently, you've never heard of "Accord and Satisfaction".

Do you sincerely believe that I have to justify and prove my professional qualifications to you? You see, unlike yourself, I don't need to "prove" anything. I'm very secure with myself, and my profession as an attorney.

You're a bigger fool than I ever thought. A fool is someone, like you, who places personal, and identifiable, information on an Internet site. What a dufus!

IAAL

IAAL
Yes, I've heard of "Accord and Satisfaction". Apparently though you have no idea what it means.

A chemical bomb goes off in a hotel. The hotel apologizes profusely and offers to give them a night free in the hotel. The hotel makes no suggestion whatever that this offer of a free night hotel if accepted is a settlement of any claim they might have as a result of the chemical bomb. Nor is there an written release signed. Yet you think the people by accepting the offer of a free night in the hotel have waived the right to pursue a claim against the hotel? If that is your position, you are obviously not an attorney nor have you ever spent day one in a law school.

But now you in your post you are claiming you are an attorney. Okay, please provide me as well as the moderator I will forward this message to the following information:

Law School:

Date of Admission to the Bar

Which state you are licensed to practice in:

Your license number:

I provided the information I did because I am a REAL attorney not a pretend attorney like you are. People are willing to check me out...I'm not a fraud. You, however, are a fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">