• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP 78/55, reckless and scared!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ausoleil

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I received a reckless ticket on my way home for thanksgiving in Newport News. no one else really around and I just wasn't paying attention to the decrease in speed. I am worried about the insurance increase and the scar on my record. I am a student and can't really afford an attorney. I feel like I have nothing to argue, I was stupid. Would going to driving school help? Will anything help?

An attorney will definitely help.

The "scar" you should be worried about is a CRIMINAL RECORD. Yes, that's what this is - a CLASS 1 MISDEMEANOR charge (same class as DUI/DWI/drunk driving).

78/55 means you have 3-4 mph to play with - so get a speedometer calibration ASAP before your court date.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">