• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to signal at least 100 feet, Dallas Tx

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dkenebre

What is the name of your state? Texas
I was stopped for failure to signal a lane change within 100 feet of the multiple lane intersection. I was turning right onto another street. This was about 3am in the morning. NO one was one the street but the officer pacing behind me. What does the State and city code say about this violation? And What can I do to get this dismissed or what would be my arguement? At this time of the morning who cares whether it is 50 feet or 100 feet.
Dallas, Texas

Last edited:

shappell

Personaly I would fight the ticket. Stateing that you DID signal, but your turn signal was burned out. Take in a burned out bulb to the hearing. Most defective equipment violations are a "Fix It Ticket" (fix it within 2 weeks and no fine or points are awarded). If asked why you didnt state the burned out bulb, or argue with the officer at the time. State that you didnt know it was burned out untill you got home and checked it, and did'nt want to be detained, by arguing with the officer. It might just work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">