• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Biker has leg amputated due to drunk man walking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brokenbiker

What is the name of your state? New York

There were 5 of us on Harleys leaving an establishment when adrunk guy who earlier asked us to give him a ride had walked out into our lane of traffic causing an accident. The guy walked up to the accident and was asked by one of the bikers to go dial 911 and his reply was F-you, you guys wouldnt give me a ride home. I then spent 42 days in the trama center with numerous medical problems to include a left leg amputation. I had one attorney who told me basicly Im screwed. But is there any thing I can do. My medical bills are in the hundreds of thousands and all I can hope for is that there is something I can do. I had someone tell me I may be able to go after his homeowners insurance. Has anyone heard of this or have other advise?

H

HarrierX

witness

Did anyone see this happen, did a report get filed? It does sound like you are screwed...sorry for your problems and do not listen to BelizeBreeze no matter what!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">