• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of Limitations in OK for Ticket never filed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stephinok

What is the name of your state?Oklahoma

I got a ticket for 21-25 MPH over speed limit back in 99 but the court never filed the ticket. It is still "Pending" when I pull it up in our court records. I am concerned to call the court due to it going on my record after all these years. Is there a statute of limitations on when a ticket can be filed in court? There was a scheduled day to appear, but that is all that is on record. There is no failure to appear, no warrant, no nothing. Just "Pending". Another question, at what date does the ticket go on your record? Is it the date of the ticket or is it the date you appear in court? In the state of Oklahoma, it stays on record for 5 years but the ticket was dated 6 years ago.

shappell

Tickets most generaly go on your record at the date of issue, even if you fight it, and 3 months later you go to court and lose. But can not be added to your record untill the courts make a judgment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">