• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Noisy neighbors recourse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SHRED

CALIF.

We share a townhome "common" wall. Our new neighbor just bought. We both own so no tenant situation exists. 3 guys live there who wake us up with musical bass thumps through the walls or talking and carrying on in a jacuzzi in the small back yard.

We are woken up from 2:30am to 4:30am on a regular basis every Saturday and Sunday morning. They come home from the bars and then party some more.

I have tried talking and leaving a note. The next step is to ask the surrounding neighbors if they are bothered also. Maybe if we ALL call the cops something can be done.

Is there any legal recourse in addition to calling the police?

HomeGuru

SHRED said:
CALIF.

We share a townhome "common" wall. Our new neighbor just bought. We both own so no tenant situation exists. 3 guys live there who wake us up with musical bass thumps through the walls or talking and carrying on in a jacuzzi in the small back yard.

We are woken up from 2:30am to 4:30am on a regular basis every Saturday and Sunday morning. They come home from the bars and then party some more.

I have tried talking and leaving a note. The next step is to ask the surrounding neighbors if they are bothered also. Maybe if we ALL call the cops something can be done.

Is there any legal recourse in addition to calling the police?
**A: and why have you not called the cops during each and every incident? And why have you not sent a certifed rrr letter to the management office and HOA board President?

SHRED

Good points

Now I am learning that a case needs to be built.

A certified return receipt letter will be next. We had the Sheriff over last night and I am recording the incidence number(s) each time I call and writing a description in my own journal.
We are getting the surrounding neighbors involved.
Also, I am going to call the code compliance officer of our city.
We may borrow a video camera.

There is no home owners association for our neighborhood.

Thanks

HomeGuru

SHRED said:
Now I am learning that a case needs to be built.

A certified return receipt letter will be next. We had the Sheriff over last night and I am recording the incidence number(s) each time I call and writing a description in my own journal.
We are getting the surrounding neighbors involved.
Also, I am going to call the code compliance officer of our city.
We may borrow a video camera.

There is no home owners association for our neighborhood.

Thanks
**A: who owns your townhome unit?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">