• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arizona - improper filling out of ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

N74DV

Arizona - ticket was a 28-701a. 88 in a 65. Was charged with speed greater than reasonable and prudent.

The officer wrote 88 in the "Approx Speed" box and put 65 in the "Posted Speed box. He left the "R&P Speed" box blank.

here's the thing.... ARS 28-707 states that the traffic ticket MUST specify the alleged speed AND the maximum speed applicable.

Since I was charged with a violation of the Basic Speed Rule does it not stand to reason that pursuant to ARS 28-707 the ticket needs to indicate the maximum "reasonable and prudent" speed?

I'm wondering if I can file a pre-trial motion to dismiss or a motion to quash the ticket??

ideas?? opinions??

JETX

N74DV said:
Since I was charged with a violation of the Basic Speed Rule does it not stand to reason that pursuant to ARS 28-707 the ticket needs to indicate the maximum "reasonable and prudent" speed?
Nope. The fact that you were exceeding the posted speed limit is sufficient.

I'm wondering if I can file a pre-trial motion to dismiss or a motion to quash the ticket??
Of course you can. However, its chance of success is extremely slim in my opinion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">