• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney Malpractice - Kentucky

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sgraphixs

What is the name of your state?Kentucky

In a case that lasted from early 1994 to early 2004 concerning a claim against a goverment agency for damage to personal property I had 2 attorneys represent me for this case as co-councils they were preparing to file the claim in the form of a tort at the beginning of the case which was in a amount in excess of $800,000 but they decided that they would just file a suit in district court because they believed this would be a better option. Finally after passing through district court and being sent to the US court of claims my case was dismissed. The judge in the case reprimanded my attorneys tellilng them they improperly filed the case, and the proper way to file the case would have been to use a tort claim as they initially were going to do. The problem there is, the limit of time on torts is 24 months and that was not a viable way for me to get relief now, so due to my attorneys neglegience I was unable to recieve my claim which the judge said would have been a surety if they had filed it properly.

I have contacted a few attorneys in the phone book concerning pursueing this case of malpractice but was not even able to give them the details before they told me I would need to file a complaint with the Bar association. I have gotten the form to do so and am proceeding with that. What my questions are is how should I proceed from here? What should I expect to happen with a complaint? and when can I get a attorney to represent me in this and is there a time limit?

thank you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">