• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Expiration-non-compete

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

contractexpired

Well basically from canada- not sure if you can help me or not- However it's a simple question.

Brief: Signed a standard non-compete contract on Jan. 17, 2003. The contract expired April 2003. I was fired on OCT. 23 2004 ( a year and a half after the contract expired)

In the contract it clearly stated that I could not work or sell for a similar company selling similar products for 3 years after the contract had been terminated by either party. I was to not disclose of any company secrets, trade operations, client list or any other sensitive information.

My question is: If the contract expired a year and half before my termination date, is it still active? I'm sure that the rules of expiration are the same either in Canada or the US.

Anything would be appreciated- as I'm already done the process of starting my own company in the related field.

best wishes,

Jean-Marc

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">