• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can cab drivers carry guns?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

Do I have a right to carry a gun in my cab for self-defense? I tried searching for state law first but was unsuccessful.

shappell

You must obtain a permit to carry, by going before a law enforcement panel. You must have a valid reason for the CWP such as, deposititing large sums of money in an after hours bank drop, death threats, your job requires it etc...Your cab company may have a rule against CW on the job to protect its self from law suits. But it depends on your state law. Some states horde Conceiled Weapons Permits. To apply they require you to be finger printed, schooled in the use of the weapon, and register the weapon. (if not already done) If you have any type of criminal record. (Not includeing traffic violations) Forget it! You wont get it. And you must pay for the school, permit fee's.

For more info visit NRA.com They should have a section with your state laws, and how to obtain one in your state.
Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">