• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired sexual descrimination???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrossomx2

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Pennsylvania

In June of 2004 myself and two other employees were fired for giving one of the employees domestic partners her employee discount. All of us were under the impression that this was allowed (it happened once) now we all did read the policy and sign the policy for employee discounts. The female employee who's domestic partner used the discount was fired immediately and then 2 days later I was fired as well, store manager said it was un-ethical and against store policy. I told the male employee who gave the discount as well that I was fired and he called the employee hotline to try to keep his job because he was scheduled to be fired as soon as he came in to work and he explained it happened once and was a mistake but the did not care. I as well tried to get my job back and talked to many people but they would not give me my job back. I have recently found out that the male employee was permitted to have his job back about 1 week after his discarge even though the 2 female employees were not permitted to. This also comes after the company sent me a letter sueing me over the discount amount that was given. I had a family friend lawer send a letter and they said they would drop the case due to not enough info. on their part. I was also denied a position while I was there because I was female, the manager of a deparment offered to a male employee a position that I wanted and I was there longer than this person had higher ratings for store sales etc. but the manager like the aggressive male over the weak female is how he is known.

Is there any grounds here for a case or is this a lost cause that store made my life hell I was looking for another job when I was fired, I dealt with degrading mangers and all, I even reported the store manager many times for telling us on the floor that we were worthless and they never did anything about it.

thank you melissa

HomeGuru

mrossomx2 said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Pennsylvania

In June of 2004 myself and two other employees were fired for giving one of the employees domestic partners her employee discount. All of us were under the impression that this was allowed (it happened once) now we all did read the policy and sign the policy for employee discounts. The female employee who's domestic partner used the discount was fired immediately and then 2 days later I was fired as well, store manager said it was un-ethical and against store policy. I told the male employee who gave the discount as well that I was fired and he called the employee hotline to try to keep his job because he was scheduled to be fired as soon as he came in to work and he explained it happened once and was a mistake but the did not care. I as well tried to get my job back and talked to many people but they would not give me my job back. I have recently found out that the male employee was permitted to have his job back about 1 week after his discarge even though the 2 female employees were not permitted to. This also comes after the company sent me a letter sueing me over the discount amount that was given. I had a family friend lawer send a letter and they said they would drop the case due to not enough info. on their part. I was also denied a position while I was there because I was female, the manager of a deparment offered to a male employee a position that I wanted and I was there longer than this person had higher ratings for store sales etc. but the manager like the aggressive male over the weak female is how he is known.

Is there any grounds here for a case or is this a lost cause that store made my life hell I was looking for another job when I was fired, I dealt with degrading mangers and all, I even reported the store manager many times for telling us on the floor that we were worthless and they never did anything about it.

thank you melissa
**A: you have no case. And your post subject is incorrect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">