• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need some advice quick

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CCMM002

In Ohio, My Girlfriend was following a truck through a school zone a few weeks ago in Ohio. Well most of the way through, her and the other Driver were doing to appropriate speed through the school zone (20mph). Well at the end the vehicle in front of her sped up so she did to. Well a sitting cop picked them both up. He wrote her a ticket for going 23 miles over the school zone speed limit in which she had to go to court for. She went to court expecting to pay a fine and walk out, due to the fact that she totally had a blemish free driving record. Well the Magistrate slapped a six-month suspension on her driver license for that one violation. I understand about being strict on a school zone, but she is a single parent and cannot have her license suspended for six months. They weren't even going to let her drive home from the court. What can she do, anything?

C

CCMM002

What is an occupational license?

Anyhow, do you by chance know of anything she could do legally?

CdwJava

I think racer72 was refering to her seeing about getting a restricted license for going to or from work.

Legally? She can appeal the decision - but that will likely cost her more money, and in the meantime her license will remain suspended. And she will likely have to get an attorney ... and she may not even have any legal grounds to appeal the decision.

She should look immediately into alternative transportation for 6 months to avoid any further criminal penalties that might result from her driving.

- carl

C

CCMM002

Thanks Carl, and Racer. It's just that in Ohio first time DUI Suspensions aren't even that harsh. It was just a high school to. So it's not like there were small children playing outside or anything. It's frustrating for me.

So what your saying is, short of spending possibly thousands on a lawer that might not even help, there is nothing she can do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">