• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Garnishment of wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

showme

I live in Mo. My husband purchased a lemon, a 1986 Chevy Celebrity, in 1996. In 1997 he let it be repoed because they would not fix it. Now 8 years later, we are married for 2 years, live in another town. When my husband picked up his paycheck last week there was a garnishment from a law firm representing the auto co. It is the first time he has heard anything about it. Can we get help?

Last edited:

stephenk

help to do what? have your hubby get the case number from the garnishment the other side sent to his employer. then have hubby get a copy of the court file showing when and how he was served with the complaint.

The problem is that your hubby let the car be repoed. it left him open to having a judgment entered against him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">