• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

crazed neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mdmom2

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Maryland
Hi! I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes- we rent a townhouse. Across the street is a woman who has been bothering my children-yelling at them, accusing them of bothering her child. We've had discussions-not gone well-she yells, spits-very accusatory and irrational behavior. She bases her accusations on the words of her 8yr old daughter- a known bully/troublemaker around the neighborhood and at school. This girl has bullied my son (a yr. younger than her) and has enlisted the aid of a 11yr. old boy (next door neighbor)-who is a known problem as well.
My children (daughter-13, son-7 and daughter-4), can't play outside without the daughter, boy or mother yelling at them (especially my 13yr old).
What can I do about this? The woman is convinced she is in the right and my kids are evil. My kids rarely step outside now- can't even sit on the front step without this nut coming outside and yelling- demanding to speak with me or my husband about how horrible our children are. This has been going on for about a year now.

melzma

I feel for you

I have had the same problems. My neighbor told people, including the cheif of police that my 16 yr old daughter was having sex on my front porch. And when I was pregnant with my son she told me she hoped I had a miscarriage. We didn't get to spend much time in our yard either. The best advice I can give you is to talk to your county prosecutor about filing for a restraining order, especially since children are involved. Possibly a counselor at the school could also talk to the kids about getting along. Most important though is that unless you are physically threatened, no one will really help. When she spat at you, that might have be assault or battery, but if it wasn't addressed immediately, then oh well. Document everything and stand your ground. Definately have witnesses if possible. I'm not saying confront but you have the right to enjoy your property and expect safety for your kids-Good luck, I am positive you will need it if she is anywhere as bad as my crazy neighbor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">