• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding In Fairfax, Va...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

imcraigk

What is the name of your state? Fairfax, Virginia

I recently received a ticket on I-66 (in Fairfax County) doing 80 in a 55. I just moved to Virginia from West Virginia and was wondering what punishment I will receive. I am a 25 year old, white male and have no other speeding tickets in Virginia.

So my questions are: 1) What is the likely punishment and 2) do I need a lawyer?

Please advise.

You have a lot of company, try a search on "Virginia reckless" or "Virginia speeding".

General concesus seems to be for anything 20 over or 80+ in Virginia is that a Lawyer is advisable and can probably save you money in the long run by minimizing damages.

What does the ticket SAY?

80/55 SP - Speeding
or
80/55 R/D - Reckless Driving

The Code of Virginia section should also be on the ticket as well.

Since it's Fairfax, it most probably will be a R/D charge.

See a lawyer - Reckless Driving ISN'T speeding - it's a CRIMINAL CHARGE, in the same class as DWI/DUI/drunk driving: CLASS 1 MISDEMEANOR.

They don't PLAY with this charge in Northern Virginia - unless you want a CRIMINAL CONVICTION and RECORD - seek counsel now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">