• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inspection Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Teezer

What is the name of your state? virginia

This all started because a neighbor wanted my dog. I have a silver malamute and her daughter wanted to buy it from me. I refused. The next thing I know she is missing off her lead from my back yard and my gate is open (which it never is) and she is gone. My son was devistated. We searched the neighborhood and let everyone know to look out for her. I called the local humane society in case she was turned in.

The next morning I got a call from the humane society. They had my dog. I went to get her. Of course I had to pay to get her back. I also had to re take her shots because I couldnt prove I had them done before and get her tags. All in all @ 50.00 0ut of pocket. Anyway, when I was at the humane society the lady there was telling me how strange it was that she was picked up on a friday and first thing sat. morning a woman called wanting to adopt her.She got VERY upset when she was told there was a 12 day waiting period for adoptions. Wanted to speak to someone on the board of directors and everything. She didnt want to give her name but finally did. It was the neighbors daughter. They asked her, How do you even know the dog is here? She replied, Oh, my mom is the one who called the animal warden on it. Well do you know who it belongs to? Oh no we dont know who it belongs to. The mom/neighbor lives right next door to me. grrr..

Since then I have had the city called on me about my grass being too high. The firemarshall called on me because I had some stuff on my porch. And now the city building inspectors. Who want to come and inspect my home. Inside and out. The calls were all made annonymously ( except for the humane society one) But I know she is the one who is doing this because she wasnt able to get my dog.

My question is do they have the right to just come in my home on the say so of an annonymous call? I was told they could get an inspection warrant if I did not consent to let them into my home? I feel this is an invasion of my privacy. They say the stuff on the porch is probable cause? But as I checked the statutes I thought they also had to have an avadavid (sp?) to get a warrant? This is really upseting me to have people call the house and say if you dont let us in we are coming in anyway. How can they do this in the USA? What happened to privacy and rights?

Sorry so long. Just wanted to know if they can legally do this? ty

Teezer

My time is running out I really need some help with this. If you can help please let me know what my rights are as a property owner? ty

Bigfoot

Tell them to provide you with a written complaint and exactly what they are looking for within the next 3 days, or that you will file a complaint both with the mayor's office and the city manager. The mayor will call the city manager, who will call the inspectors, who will have to provide a response. I doubt the inspection will take place.

Teezer

thanks for your reply. But there was no written complaint it was an annonymous tip to a hotline. What they told me anyway.

Teezer

in VA

Now they are saying if I dont comply they will take out a criminal warrent for me? :( What is the USA a police state now?

correct_this

Amerikkka is a fascist police state

You are in trouble and so am I. We all are because of George Bush and his supporters who fear him. I would say move but there is no place to move. You can always go down fighting and then it will be a moral victory but you will be dead. Pretty sad but we are all up against the wall now!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">