• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Payroll Deductions not used for Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cathy in AK

What is the name of your state? Alaska

My employer deducts pre and post tax dollars for AFLAC policies. I have 3 policies and have recieved a notice that monthly premiums have not been paid since June. July to Nov are now past due. Our employer stated that it was an error in our accounting dept. and payment has been forwarded 2 weeks ago but I checked today and no payment has been recieved. My policy for short term disability is now cancelled. What recourse do the employees have?

Thanks.

Beth3

With premiums that past due, there's no way it's just a simple error. Your employer would have been receiving past due payment and cancellation notices for months.

An employer who diverts employee payroll deductions meant for group health premiums is in big trouble with the federal Department of Labor. I suggest you contact them immediately: 202-693-4650

csporluck

Why you working for that's giving you AFLAC? My wife was working for FRA and at one point we saw similar things, even AFTER we headed to the lower 48... We had one thing almost go to collection because it got messed up, luckily we caught it in time..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">