• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pets in neighborhood

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

robinzark

What is the name of your state? pa - i live in a development of condomiums. our homeowners association board told us that if anyone has pets running around without the owner present they will take them to the spca. is it legal to take someone's pet (especially if you know who's pet it is) to the spca? i have 2 cats that like to roam outside and the thought of someone taking them to the spca irritates me.

nextwife

robinzark said:
What is the name of your state? pa - i live in a development of condomiums. our homeowners association board told us that if anyone has pets running around without the owner present they will take them to the spca. is it legal to take someone's pet (especially if you know who's pet it is) to the spca? i have 2 cats that like to roam outside and the thought of someone taking them to the spca irritates me.
The thought of irresponsible owners whose pets are killed or maimed when hit by vehicles irritates me.

License and tag them, even have a microchip installed, At least that way, your ownership can be traced.

BelizeBreeze

is it legal to take someone's pet (especially if you know who's pet it is) to the spca?
Yes, to the legal question. And it's also legal for them to call the police and file a complaint resulting in a civil fine.
And it's also legal for them to fine your for HOA CC&R violations.

Shall I go on?

BelizeBreeze

Gillette Extra foamy, fresh razor
Onions
sage
chicken stock
Boil over a medium flame for about 30 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste

OH, I almost forgot, when the water is boiling, add CAT!!! :D

BelizeBreeze

Actually, Scruffy was VERY ANGRY with me today. I took her in a pouring rain to the groomer and she about clawed me to death.....But she's a pretty thing right now laying at my feet and looking up at me so sweetly.

I haven't shown her the post.....I have to sleep with her after all :D:D:D

R

robinzark

thank you all for your advice. i was just wondering because my cats love to wander and i see many cats wondering. they are not happy in the house all day and if you know how cats are, you know they are not good being restrained. i am sorry to see the issues people have with cats, i love them, they are loving animals. i must admit, i would have the same opinions about snakes, however, if they weren't harming anyone, i wouldn't express my dislike or think about harming them. that's kind of sick.

FarmerJ

In case it didnt occur to you in most towns and larger citys there are ordinances that dont allow pets to roam free . if you lived in a rural area no one would give a damn and your cats would be likely hanging in a barn or shed somewhere looking for mice to play with or other cats to romp with . but in your kind of housing situation your so called pets could bite someone and you would be responsible . in my area either people dont feed the strays and let them get into barns or they shoot them . food for thought though regarding Beli,s reciepe another variation for Hot Cat surprise includes carrots and brocoli and rice .

BelizeBreeze

robinzark said:
thank you all for your advice. i was just wondering because my cats love to wander and i see many cats wondering. they are not happy in the house all day and if you know how cats are, you know they are not good being restrained. i am sorry to see the issues people have with cats, i love them, they are loving animals. i must admit, i would have the same opinions about snakes, however, if they weren't harming anyone, i wouldn't express my dislike or think about harming them. that's kind of sick.
Just so you don't turn me in to Garfield ;)
I too love my baby, as I loved the 53 other cats My late ladyfriend and I raised and showed, resulting in 218 Grand Champions, sales to 6 foreign countries and 29 different catteries throughout the U.S.
Scruffy is the last of the litter and the last 'gift' I have from her before she died.

The receipe was a joke, just as eating roadkill. It is your responsibility to know the laws regarding license requirements in your town and to follow them. And if it's a decision between your cat dying or feeling a little peeved at being on a leash, I think the leash wouldn't be a bad idea.

What do you think?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">