• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

4th grade back injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Spode700

What is the name of your state? California
First off I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this and trying to help me. My problem starts when I was in the 4th grade. I am 18 now and my parents say I can’t take any legal action anymore because it has been too long. So that’s the first problem but let me tell you what happened first. When I was in the 4th grade me and my friend "also in 4th Grade" where adding onto this tree fort that was in his landlords yard. When we where working on the tree fort we decided that it needed a guard rail. So no body would fall off (us 4th grades figured this out why couldn’t a fully grown landlord figure this out before renting out the property?) so we got the wood and started to bring up the wood to begin working on the railing. This is when “IT” happens. While the two of us where bringing the wood up to the top story. My friend wasn’t watching me back up and kept pushing the board I ended up falling out of this tree fort that was about 20-25 ft high. I landed on my butt. (Another no no) when I was on the ground I didn't move because I knew your not suppose to move when **** like that happens I told my friend to run and grab his dad who ended up moving me inside on the coach to watch “Baywatch” instead of calling 911 for an ambulance. He called my dad instead to come and take me to the hospital instead of taking me himself. I figure now that that was very bad I could have had internal bleeding and **** 25 is quit a ways. Well I ended up with just a compression fracture in my upper back “T7”. I had no other problem but forever having back pain it effects the rest of my life. In a way I feel pretty lucky for still begin a living, walking, breathing human. Over the years I have always had back problems that kept getting worse over the years. It has kept me from doing stuff and caused me great deal of pain. I used to be a really good wrestler in high school and I loved the sport. Well, when I could wrestle. Here is what happened to that, in my junior year of high school the pain became too much from the weight lifting and weird positions that you do, so that as the end of my favorite sport. Which is what got me thinking this year when I saw all the wrestling clubs I wanted to be in. My mom and my really close friend who has known me for awhile tell me I shouldn't because my horrible back. This back problem I think is only going to get worse and affect every aspect of my life. I am training to become a firefighter right now but.... how long would I be able to keep that career with all that lifting and stress on my back? Help

Last edited:

djohnson

.... how long would I be able to keep that career with all that lifting and stress on my back?

Since this is the only question asked I will answer it by saying it depends on how well you do your job.

To comment on the rest of your story. Anyone can sue anyone for anything. The chances of winning and getting an attorney to take the case is a different matter. I personally don't think you have anything. Who do you want to sue? The landlord for not having a railing on a tree house? The renters for not putting one up? Your friend for pushing you? Your parents for not supervising you? The school because you can't wrestle? The coach for making you want to weight lift? etc....

You have no proof of anything and in my opinion will get nothing. Chalk it up and go on with your life.

S

Spode700

all i wanna know is if suites can close over a certain amount of time

Last edited:
Spode700 said:
all i wanna know is if suites can close over a certain amount of time
Yes that is called Statue of Limitations. My question is how are you going to prove your damages over this length of time? Who would you sue (as per djohnson)?

S

Spode700

Thanks for the help ne-ways

I guess there is nothing I can do... :(
I think it is stupid for a situation like this I was young I knew nothing about getting money out of this, or what the future of having a bad back be like.
I am older now and realize if I was smarter back then I would at least not have to put stress on my back every day paying for school.
Thank you for your help, jpritchett81 , and djohnson

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">