• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-Boss Threatening Me With Subpoena

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

visionarch

My state is New Mexico.

I worked for my ex-boss, as his office manager, for about 5 years. When his company began to fail we both hired on with another company. He was Plant Manager and I was (and still am) Office Manger. Three months ago my ex-box left this company. The split was not pretty and there is lots of animosity between my ex-boss and my current bosses. Since he left, my ex-boss has been calling me wanting me to go work for him on the side as he tries to re-establish is failed business. I have refused repeatedly. The State Labor Department is coming to his office for an audit. Again, he called wanting me to be there, again I refused. He then told me that if I don't come voluntarily he will subpoena me. Can he do this? Can he make me come to work for him even though I don't want to?

Thanks,

BelizeBreeze

A Subpoena in this fashion, to make you come back to work, won't be issued. A subpoena can only be issued for information, whether oral or physical.

Quit worrying. He's an idiot.

By the way, if you want the harrassment to stop, file a no-contact order against him in your local court. That just MIGHT get his attention. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">