• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Equal pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PUNKIN611

I live in Texas and I work for Sears. I am considered "part time" but work as much as employees who are "fulltime". my question is fulltimers have company insureance partimers do not. We are paid the same % commission making fulltimers pay more considering they have company paid health insureance. Is this fair? PUNKIN611

PUNKIN611

Is it legal?

I think I know where you're heading, but let me add I was also told if I did well I would be considered for a full time position. What basis will they use to get around that? Also would the state employment take up my case? Thanking you in advance, PUNKIN611

Beth3

I was also told if I did well I would be considered for a full time position. What basis will they use to get around that? They don't need to "get around" anything. They told you they'd consider it. That was not a promise or a guarantee of regular full-time status.

Also would the state employment take up my case? I don't know who you mean by "state employment" but it's irrelevant. The employer isn't doing anything illegal.

If you can't obtain the full-time status with benefits you desire where you are, you need to start looking for a job elsewhere that offers those things. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">