• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless Driving in NV (Bunkerville)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

linux808

What is the name of your state? NV

Hello,

Returning to Denver from a Classic BMW Car show a few weeks ago, I was given a reckless driving ticket for going 101 mph on I-15. I was told by the officer that anything over 100 mph was an automatic reckless driving ticket.

My fine is $1130 :eek:

With the court date coming up next Tuesday, I am hearing that I would not have much luck getting the fine or the charge reduced. Another problem is that Bunkerville is so far from Las Vegas that I'm having a hard time finding a lawyer in Bunkerville or Mesquite.

Can anybody offer some advise?

Thank you,

Brian

File a motion for a continuance, citing your difficulty in obtaining adequate legal counsel. Send it to the court CERTIFIED RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED. keep a copy of it. Then, go back to work trying to obtain such counsel without the weight of the imminent court appearance.

Whether to get an atttorney in Mesquite or Las Vegas is problematic. Mesquite has the advantage of being "local," thereby avoiding the "home-cooked meal" syndrome, always an issue in a traffic case. An attorney from Mesquite would more likely know the court officers from Bunkerville -- a decided advantage. However, Las Vegas is the county seat for Clark County, home for all three of them. A LV attorney might be easier to find and probably better versed in the applicable law. I'll send you additional info by PM.

L

linux808

James,

Thank you.

"File a motion for a continuance, citing your difficulty in obtaining adequate legal counsel"

Is this an actual form or do I just spell this out on paper?

Thanks again,

Brian

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">