• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

13 yr old speeding ticket in AZ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

e1sp

What is the name of your state? AZ
I received a speeding ticket in AZ in Oct 1991 but never paid it. Lived in OK at the time. Have since moved to CA and just today (11/30/04) received a notice from the courts to pay the fine. The ticket is over 13 years old.
Do you know of any statute of limitations that would effect this ticket? Are they just trying to bluff me and hope I'll pay. Anything else I ought to know before paying the fine?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

e1sp said:
What is the name of your state? AZ
I received a speeding ticket in AZ in Oct 1991 but never paid it. Lived in OK at the time. Have since moved to CA and just today (11/30/04) received a notice from the courts to pay the fine. The ticket is over 13 years old.
Do you know of any statute of limitations that would effect this ticket? Are they just trying to bluff me and hope I'll pay. Anything else I ought to know before paying the fine?

My response:

When it comes to paying Governmental Entities, there is no statute of limitations.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">