• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fence Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

arik_jenny

What is the name of your state?Texas

We built our home in July of 2003. We then installed a fence with limestone columns at the front of the home. The very back post as well as the edge of the limestone columns are 1 inch within our property line, not on the boundary. Then the fence graduates back from the columns to the very back post. Parts of the fence are almost a foot within our property line, ending about 2 inches within our property line. We had neighbors move in January 2004 and we came to an agreement in lieu of monetary payment for letting them latch onto our fence. That agreement was not put into writing, unfortunately, and they since have conveniently denied ever making the agreement. It has now turned into an all out war. I know they are not obligated to pay IF we had put the fence right onto the property line, but since we had it installed WITHIN our property line over an inch, what obligations do they have? We did have the property marked by the builder before construction of the fence bagan. In my eyes, they are trespassing onto our property as long as they have the fence latched onto ours. Please assist me with this matter. Thanks and have a great day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">