• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dariusbaine

What is the name of your state? RI

Hello I am looking to buy a house that has acces to the street through an easment. My question is this I am looking to subdivide the property once I take ownership and build a new home, would this new home be granted the same access to the street from the easment? :confused:

BelizeBreeze

Not automatically. Once subdivided the new lot (and perhaps BOTH lots) will require a new easement agreement.

So, what did your real estate attorney tell you to do?
p.s. that's NOT a question, it's a hint.

D

dariusbaine

thanks

Thanks for the quick answers. Unfortunately that is what I suspected would be the case. And yes, if it went that far I would have consulted an att. but they cost money and I figured it was a stretch to assume you would not need a new agreement. Thanks again though this site is great.

BelizeBreeze

dariusbaine said:
Thanks for the quick answers. Unfortunately that is what I suspected would be the case. And yes, if it went that far I would have consulted an att. but they cost money and I figured it was a stretch to assume you would not need a new agreement. Thanks again though this site is great.
Please be so kind as to fill out our exit questionaire which can be found on the Administrator's desk as you leave .....

And thank you for playing :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">