• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

high beam ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

glenli1

I was driving in California last week with high beam in the city area at midnight. A police officer pulled me over and gave me a ticket. Is driving with high beam a moving violation? How can I fight this in court? I have a perfect driving record for over ten years. Thanks!

HomeGuru

glenli1 said:
I was driving in California last week with high beam in the city area at midnight. A police officer pulled me over and gave me a ticket. Is driving with high beam a moving violation? How can I fight this in court? I have a perfect driving record for over ten years. Thanks!
**A: and dontcha thnik that the bright lights from your vehicle was shining on the drivers going in the opposite direction?

BelizeBreeze

I hate it when I see a car coming towards me with a joynt sticking out of the headlights....damn smoke gets in my eyes :D

CdwJava

glenli1 said:
What was the specific section you were cited for? If it was CVC 24409(a) or (b) then you might be able to show that noe vehicle was approaching from 500' ahead or that you were following behind a vehicle closer than 300'. Just driving with them on isn't a violation unless there is someone who could be distracted by the light by having it shine in their eyes.

- Carl

G

glenli1

well, there wasn't any car, but the officer gave me a ticket anyway. Do you know if this is considered a moving violation that has bad implication on my insurance?

CdwJava

glenli1 said:
well, there wasn't any car, but the officer gave me a ticket anyway. Do you know if this is considered a moving violation that has bad implication on my insurance?
I believe it is zero points.

Check CVC 12810 et al. and that can tell you for sure. I didn't see it when I checked, but I AM tired.

And there was at least one car - the officer. So if he was approaching you from within 500', or you got behind him within 300', then that's good enough.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">