• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended DL, unpaid tickets, NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justice_is

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

Here's the skinny. In 2001, I got three tickets within a weeks time going back and forth to work for an expired tag. The tickets where in a county that I didn't live in, and being 18, I was stupid, and put them out of my mind, took the paycheck from that week of driving to and from work, daytime, mon-fri, and paid for the registration. Months later, I get notification that my license was suspended. Being stupid, I ignored it, and went on.

September, 2004. I get caught in a speed trap. I was driving to Spencer, NC, and the speed limit was 35, I was driving I think 42-ish. A cop pulls in behind me, so I slow down to 40. Right as the speed limit changes from 35 to 20, and I start slowing down, the blue lights come on. So I get pulled over, he runs my license and lo and behold, it's been revoked. He tells me he could have arrested me, but wasn't going to because I was being cooperative. My ticket is a court summons, no fine attached. I get to the courthouse, and when my name is called, I am given my right to an attorney, as my charge could result in jail time. The ticket I was given listed 44 in a 35, and driving with license revoked.

I just want to put this whole thing behind me, be on the right side of the legal world and be able to drive. I need to drive to have a job. I need a job to pay off whatever fines I have. What can I do to not go to jail and be able to drive again? Would Prayer for Judgement be applicable or is this too severe a charge for that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">