• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding in a small NY town....

• Thread starter renegade_master
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

renegade_master

Speeding in a small upstate NY town...
We got a speeding ticket on 8/14 and immediately sent for the supporting deposition by certified mail (I have an online confimation that is was delivered). Even though I clearly marked (with a few address labels) that we had moved, it turns out that they sent all notices to our old address. The clerk also says he never received the supp. dep. request. Yesterday I got the suspension of license notice from the DMV.
I talked to the judge today, and he said to resend a notarized letter pleading guilty and requesting the s.d. again, and gave me a phone # for the D.A.
Any chance that because they misplaced the 1st s.d. request, we're not responsible for the ticket anymore? Any other comments would be appreciated.
Thanks very much - RM

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">