• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Learning as I go

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kevmar44

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio
About a month and a half ago I posted a situation on the child visitation site about taking my son to visit his grandmother because my ex refused to take his son to visit his own mother. At the time I remember someone warning me about this but I thought I was "doing the right thing". Well grandma's back in town and now my ex is telling her that she is forbidden to see my son unless it's on his terms (even though it's my time). What rights do grandparents have in Ohio?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Your ex cannot dictate who you allow the child to spend time with on your custodial time unless he can prove the person is a danger to the kid. Feel free to let Grandma know that she can tell her son to pound sand.

Kevmar44

She's not a threat at all. (She lives in Florida and has MS and has only been up here because one of her granddaughters just had a baby.) He on the other hand has threatened not to speak to her or let her have any contact with her only grandson when he has him which right now is only every other week-end, but he has him for 8 weeks during the summer and I think that is what she is worried about. He has no problem with her seeing him when it's my time but only if he comes and picks him up and I'm not going to let that happen. If she want's to make a deal with the devil, she's going to have to do it on his terms and leave me out of it. I've put up with his crap for going on 4 years now and I don't play the game anymore.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">