• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer negligence and deception

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

xlmigy22

What is the name of your state?TX
I got a speeding ticket and I hired a lawyer to represent me in court. He told me that I did not have to show up and that he would go to court for me. Two days after my court date the lawyer told me that my case was dismissed. Well now there is a big problem. The court has issued a warrant for Failure to Appear. I talked with the attorney and he said my case should have been dismissed. He said that he set up a meeting with the prosecutor to work out this situation. No such meeting took place. I called the court and they never received a letter of representation from any lawyer and that the my case showed a failure to appear. I tried to contact the lawyer on several occasions and was unsucessful. Now I have a warrant to worry about. I hired a lawyer to help my case, not to make it worse. I am not quite sure what I can do. Please help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

xlmigy22 said:
What is the name of your state?TX
I got a speeding ticket and I hired a lawyer to represent me in court. He told me that I did not have to show up and that he would go to court for me. Two days after my court date the lawyer told me that my case was dismissed. Well now there is a big problem. The court has issued a warrant for Failure to Appear. I talked with the attorney and he said my case should have been dismissed. He said that he set up a meeting with the prosecutor to work out this situation. No such meeting took place. I called the court and they never received a letter of representation from any lawyer and that the my case showed a failure to appear. I tried to contact the lawyer on several occasions and was unsucessful. Now I have a warrant to worry about. I hired a lawyer to help my case, not to make it worse. I am not quite sure what I can do. Please help.

My response:

What do you have in WRITING to show, or prove, that you actually hired this attorney; e.g., a Retainer Agreement, letters from him to you; what?

IAAL

X

xlmigy22

All I have is the receipt showing that I paid for his services.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

xlmigy22 said:
All I have is the receipt showing that I paid for his services.

My response:

Then, call the State Bar of Texas, get one of their complaint forms, fill it out with your story, and attach a copy of your receipt as an Exhibit to your complaint form. Send it in, and let the Bar examiners investigate and "take care of him".

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">