• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seller Protection Expensive Item

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pweeg

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? I am located in Maryland
Hello! I am about to auction a very rare collectible toy,
the value is approx. $6-10,000. I am concerned about protecting myself from fraudulent buyers. Can i put any kind of policy in place that would allow me to accept paypal payment while superceding their chargeback policies? Is this a valid/enforceable auction policy for me to use?:<p> Paypal Address must be confirmed, if paypal address is not confirmed, we will ship out the items to you but YOU AND YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AGREE NOT TO FILE ANY CLAIM with paypal. As paypal does not protect the seller in the event of shipping to an unconfirmed address even with a delivery confirmation number on our part that states you received the product. Unconfirmed paypal addresses cannot file a paypal claim, period. By buying now or bidding on this item, you agree to these terms and FORFEIT CLAIM RIGHTS. Shipping to confirmed address, no problem at all. Paypal cannot confirm an address outside of the U.S. that is their flaw and not your privilege to file a false claim. You want this item and have an unconfirmed paypal address, you agree to these terms in this listing as you would be signing a contract. Buyer/bidder must agree to our paypal terms in this listing before committing to buy the product.<p>
Any other suggestions about how i might be able to further protect myself are most welcome!<p>
Thank you very much-Pweeg

racer72

I have bought and sold high end collectible toys myself. If you are anyway concerned about using Paypal, do not use them. There policies lean heavily towards the buyers, not the sellers. I would request a cashier's check from a nationally known bank and that the item will ship when the check clears the issuers bank. Or use an escrow service not tied to eBay.

stevek3

racer72 said:
I have bought and sold high end collectible toys myself. If you are anyway concerned about using Paypal, do not use them. There policies lean heavily towards the buyers, not the sellers. I would request a cashier's check from a nationally known bank and that the item will ship when the check clears the issuers bank. Or use an escrow service not tied to eBay.
Paypal isn't a problem. You simply wait until the money is transferred into your account and you withdraw all of that money before shipping the item. I don't see what the difficulty is.

racer72

stevek3 said:
Paypal isn't a problem. You simply wait until the money is transferred into your account and you withdraw all of that money before shipping the item. I don't see what the difficulty is.
The problem is the next time you sell something they freeze those funds. I lost $140 on a credit card charge back when a buyer claimed an item I shipped was broken when it was received. I had already spent the money from that sale but the next time my account reached $140, the money take taken. The old battleaxe got a depression era vase, her money and still tried to sue me. Some day I'm going to make it to Ohio and won't she be surprised when I knock on her door.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">