• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

liliana84

What is the name of your state? ILLINOIS

MY MARRIAGE WAS FRAUD. I MARRIED A GUY THAT IS IN THE MILITARY ONLY FOR THE MONEY. WE BOTH AGREED TO THIS. HE WAS SUPPOSE TO GET A RAISE AND I THEN WOULD RECEIVE MONEY. THAT NEVER HAPPENED, I GOT NOTHING. SIX MONTHS AFTER THE MARRIAGE I WANTED A DIVORCE. LAST I KNEW HE WOULD "TAKE CARE OF IT". THESE PAST TWO MONTHS I HAVE CALL JUST ABOUT EVERYDAY AND HE DOSENT RETURN MY CALLS. WELL IT HAS BEEN 1 YEAR AND 1 MONTH SINCE THE MARRIAGE. I HAVE NO MONEY TO PAY FOR THIS, I LIVE CHECK BY CHECK. COULD I HAVE THIS MARRIAGE TERMINATED WITH OUT GETTING HIM IN TROUBLE? WHAT ARE THE CONSEQUENCES?

armymp101st

Well first that is common in the military with what you did. Sounded like he wanted the money. As far as the divorce goes you need to file yourself, don't depend on him. Second call his commander tell him that he has not been able to reach him. As far as the rest I would watch going around and advertising that you commited fraud on the US government for your benifit and his, even though it doesn't sound like he openly admitted to it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">