• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Type of Lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iltmthm

What is the name of your state? FL

What type of lawyer do I want to look for to handle my dispute against my neighbors? I looked up lawyers for Real Estate however their listings state they handle property law.

iltmthm said:
What is the name of your state? FL

What type of lawyer do I want to look for to handle my dispute against my neighbors? I looked up lawyers for Real Estate however their listings state they handle property law.

The First answer to that question would be: "A good one".

The Second answer would be to find one near you.

The Third answer would be to search them through and through (once you find one) for any hidden prejudices that they may have such as some of the prejudices that you will certainly find so blatantly obvious in this forum.

The Fourth answer to your question would be the same Real Estate lawyer section that you have already found.

The Fifth answer to your question would be to search exhausively through your network of friends and acquaintances for those of them that might refer you to one that they personally have had fair dealings with. All attorneys are not alike. Nor, or all attorneys capable of handling the area of real estate.

The question remains however, what might your issue with your neighbor be?

iltmthm

I have an ongoing situation with my neighbors regarding the level at which they play their bass. In our home, we never hear the "music" we only hear, feel, and see the effects of the bass. Therefore, we have never asked them to lower the "music" - only the bass. We even offered to buy them a stereo that has the ability to lower the bass individually if theirs did not have such a feature. Lately, the neighbors have become very childish and my husband and I would like to end this matter before it gets even more worse.

We have called the police several times. The only thing that has come of this is having the bass lowered while the police are at our homes. Once the police leave, the bass is bumping again. Despite our written homeowner's association guidelines that define a noise ordinance for our subdivision, the HOA states that there is nothing they can do to assist.

So... my husband and I would like to speak to a lawyer to find out if we do have any protection against this "noise."

A lot of good it does to have a HOA Rule against such things, right?

It is not necessary that you know the details....uh, hummm, concerning my experience with a noise violation in the Sunshine State. You can believe that a noise meter was involved though. The meter reading must be indicated at the house in question raising the complaint, not the origination of the source.

Bass is the only trouble (not to be confused with treble) with your story that I'm hearing here. Simply because bass is a low frequency and shows up on a meter only marginally, compared to the higher frequencies.

Here's a hint...video camera.

It gets 'em both. The "soundz AND the shakin'".

Hand THAT to your nice attorney. Magic happens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">