• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paid Time Off compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lcolema1

What is the name of your state? Virginia
I want to know if I have put in my 2 week resignation from a job and I work out the notice. Am I entitled to my PTO once my notice is up? The sum is $500. The company have been stating that they have this rule and this law but in actuality the company does not have a rules and regulations guide book.

Beth3

No laws require you to provide advance notice of your leaving a job, although it is almost always a good idea to do so so as not to burn any bridges behind you. Virginia has no law that requires the payout of vacation upon separation so the issue is entirely a matter of company policy. If they wish to make payment contingent upon providing two weeks notice, they may.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">