• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspention

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fireprevention

I recently was suspended from my full time place of employment based on an incident that occured and a policy that the acting supervisor imposed. The problem is that there are more than one location for our buisness and that the policy only appies to the ones under this particular supervisor. The posting was not approved by the board. I am looking for any assistance in finding out if the suspention is valid if the policy does not apply to everyone in the company. The employee manual addresses displine and basically leaves it up to the board to decide and not one individual. The board meeting is coming up next week and I intend to address it. Anyone with information that may help with this matter, I would appreciate it. You can either post it, email me [email protected], or can IM me on aol at EMTPNY. I live in New York.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sorry, but it is perfectly legal for a policy to be applicable only to one location. It does NOT have to apply to everyone in the company to be valid.

Beth3

If your supervisor wants to require his employees and ONLY his employees to all wear pink sneakers to work, he may, regardless of what company policy states. As long as your more senior management supports your supervisor's decisions, your suspension is valid.

BTW -I can think of any number of examples why it would be entirely appropriate to have different policies for different departments or areas of a business.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">