• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor kids in my yard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

truex8

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?PA I recently got new next door neighbors, there kids keep coming into my yard whithout asking and then leave whithout latching the gate. I have a dog and also a small child so you can see why the gate needs to stay latched. I thought it was just the kids but the last time I watched and wouldnt you know there father was standing in the yard with them at the time they entered the yard and when they left the gate open....So what can I do . they obivously dont have any respect for others

T

truex8

No I have not... I dont think thats my responsobility..they should ask before entering the yard...arent they trespassing????

kmo199

It is your responsiblity to ask them to leave from your property.
Tell them to stay off it, and end it with a handshake.

Last edited:

stevek3

truex8 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?PA I recently got new next door neighbors, there kids keep coming into my yard whithout asking and then leave whithout latching the gate. I have a dog and also a small child so you can see why the gate needs to stay latched. I thought it was just the kids but the last time I watched and wouldnt you know there father was standing in the yard with them at the time they entered the yard and when they left the gate open....So what can I do . they obivously dont have any respect for others
Instead of screwing around with legal responses and/or dopey answers to your question, the best way to handle these things is to spend a few dollars and use simple common sense. You don't need a lawyer, you just need a trip to the hardware store. Kids are kids. The father is a chump. You're wasting your time. So simply fix the gate. If they're jumping the gate, then get a taller gate. If they're raising and lowering the latch, then wrap a lock around it. What's so hard about that?

stevek3

kmo199 said:
It is your responsiblity to ask them to leave from your property.
Tell them to stay off it, and end it with a handshake.
Should he use one of those secret handshakes? Experts say that when dealing with neighbor disputes, those are so much more persuasive than regular handshakes.

nextwife said:
Can you padlock the gate and enter and exit the yard through the house? That's what I do.

I tried Nexie, I really tried. But I cannot pass this one up. Forgive me.

You mean that YOU lock those same kids and their dad out of your yard too; or, is the reason truex8 has to keep shutting that gate is after you remove that padlock?

nextwife

Huh? We simply don't use the gates for egress. We, and the pooch, enter and leave the yard via the patio doors into the family room. If a child comes over to play with my daughter, they enter the house then go out into the yard through the patio door. The gate is only necessary for getting the lawn mower in and out. Other than that, the gate is unused when entering and leaving the yard.

nextwife, truex8 originally posted this;

truex8 said:

Later in the thread, you posted this;

"Can you padlock the gate and enter and exit the yard through the house? That's what I do."

Although it is perfectly understandable exactly what you meant in your post TO truex8; but by extending your short response just a "weeeeee" little bit; taking just a tinsy bit of poetic license if you will. Your post might be taken to mean that you have the same problem with the same neighbors; or you are part of the "open gate" problem for truex8.

It of course looses all of the intended humourous effect when one's joke must be explained. Drat.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">