• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination due to missing FMLA deadline for paperwork

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tammyq1

What is the name of your state?ALabama

My employer using an outside source(matrix)to process our FMLA paperwork. My doctor has repeatedly faxed required paperwork, and I have to. I have kept a constant vigil checking on my paperwork and its status. I was informed by my employer today that they had not received any of my paperwork. I have logged hours of phone calls, paid to fax medical certification, and was told by my input coordinator that it still was not complete, I explained to my employer that I have done all I can on my end, but I was told that I would be terminated if the paperwork is not in within the next week. I again called Matrix, and my doctor. My doctor faxed them the revised paperwork and they still say they have not completed my file. I am going to get the paperwork myself from my doctor and once again fax them a copy. My doctor gave me the original and it was faxed on the date requested. What can I do?

Beth3

If it were me, I'd take a copy of the certification paperwork and personally put it in the hands of the appropriate person at the company before the deadline expires.

tammyq1

Thanks!

Beth3 said:
If it were me, I'd take a copy of the certification paperwork and personally put it in the hands of the appropriate person at the company before the deadline expires.
Thanks, issue resolved, got an apology. Matrix is being reviewed for the services, or lack there of they are providing my company. :eek:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">