• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AZ Marijuana Felony from 2000 - please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

beth0603

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Back in 2000, i was pulled over and charged with possession of marijuana.
I ended up going to court and they put me on a program called TASC and fined me approximately $1000 and they were going to dismiss it down to a misdemeanor...

Well to make a long story short...
I moved out of state, never finished the TASC program, community service or paid my fees entirely.

I never heard anything about it..I just assumed that it slipped through the cracks or something..I have held good jobs with large employers and had no problems with background checks or anything.
But now I have moved back to AZ and I cannot get a job at any large company cause this is coming up in my background check not as a misdemeanor but as a FELONY!
Is there anything I can do ? OR is it too late?
Any advice is much appreciated. I have no other felony/misdemeanor convictions, just a few traffic tickets.
Please help! Thanks,
Beth

Shay-Pari'e

(QUOTE) moved out of state, never finished the TASC program, community service or paid my fees entirely(QUOTE)

Now you have to live with the Felony charge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">