• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated but One Manger wants to reinstate me...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clearancequeeny

What is the name of your state?GA.
I worked for walmart for 14 months when in sept. I got fired along with another employee for grazing.. which means opening something before paying even though she had to money to pay for it and had full intentions to do so ..She is a diabetic and was having low sugar and was going to pay for it on her break , i didnt know until she offered me a piece of candy and I ate it that she was then going to go pay for it but apparently the manager watched her open it and then me eat a piece as well... I didnt go get the candy or open the candy but had a peice of candy but didnt know at the time it wasnt paid for. When we were deciding to fire us or not . The girl who opened voiloted the policy outright but I thought the product was paid for.. The manger who fired us was not my direct manger. I work in the photo lab he was the manager for grocery.. He took the case up with loss pervention and my district manager who wanted the other girl fired but me just to have a day of decision but to continue to work.. Well, apparently the grocery store manager didnt like that went to Div 1 district manager and he lied to him saying I went to go get the candy with the other employee so he told him to fire us both. I know he lied because when the photo lab manager talked to the store manager that is what the grocery manger told him.. I never left the photo lab since it was just me and and the other girl working that morning. She told the store manager I had not left the lab but he said well she ate a piece and DIV 1 district manager said to fire her so thats what happened. Well, at first I could care less if I was fired but the more I think about the more I think I got hosed.. My photo lab manager is so short handed right now and called to ask me to call home office she thinks I was fired unjustly and she wants me back. So I called home office and they said div1 should not have been involved that my district manager for the photo lab should have made the decision not Div 1 and she just wanted me to have a decision day. So she is going to call div 1 district manager asking why he overruled her when he had no right too.. Also Loss pervention district manager said she was the one who was to make the decsion and he would agree what ever she agreed on which was a decision day.. This manager who caught the other employee with an open bag of candy must have it out for the photo lab because he tried to fire another girl last night .. Iknow if this isnt a question but I am just venting LOL

Beth3

They have no obligation to hire you back regardless of whether their decision was fair. If they wish to reverse the decision, they may. If they wish to let it stand, they may do that too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">