• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can he do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shabobaloo

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I was fired because my employer hacked into an offsite journalling database, located my anonymous personal private journal, printed it out, discovered I had called him a name in this personal private password protected journal. Yes, I had accessed this journal twice from my office computer. But, this was not against the rules. This office only has one computer, so am very aware of how often employees access personal info while at work, as they have to ask me to move out of the way to do so.

This can't be legal?

BelizeBreeze

You have no expectation of privacy in a public work area, using a computer used by other employees and OWNED by the company.

shabobaloo

Gotcha.

Now I am reaching. What about the apect of himprinting this and showing it to people outside the company. Any recourse there?

BelizeBreeze

shabobaloo said:
Gotcha.

Now I am reaching. What about the apect of himprinting this and showing it to people outside the company. Any recourse there?
Sure, you can beat the crap out of him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">