• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ticket from cop facing away from traffic

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kilowatt41

What is the name of your state?VA. I got a ticket from an officer facing the opposite direction, chatting with his co worker on the side of a building. He said that I ran a red light. When he got my DL he told me to wait in the car. Another officer approached and asked what was up. The arresting officer we will call Clark, said that I ran a red light. Immediately the 2 of them got into a heated argument about giving me that ticket. Stewart said that there is no justification for the citation. Stew was real ticked and drove off shouting you are wrong. Clark waited about 30 seconds on the side of the road, slapping my DL in his hand before getting in his vehicle and writing the ticket. He sadi that he would not have wrote the ticket if I would not have knodded hello to him. I'm a mil. gov. employee. I wave or say hello to everyone. In court,I asked the officer a few ?????s Where was he sitting. He had lied and said that he ws facing my direction, and though he couldn't see my light, he could see the light in the other direction had change. The judge kept rushing and cutting me off. I told her ma'am it seems that this court doesn't want to hear the truth. I'm trying to tell you about how another officer came up and the 2 of them had a serious argument about giving me the ticket. You know what this lady said. She asked the officer, how long does it take that light to change. He said 3to 4 seconds she said and what was that argument about. He said it was about something else. She said I agree and slapped me with the fine. My feeling were hurt. I appealed it and will be going back in a week. I learned the name of Clark's debator and tried to subpeana(you know what I mean) him. He remembered the stop but said he could not testify to somthing he had knowlege about. I said dang. This shouldn't have got this far. I hear that there is a law by the supreme court which says that if the officer can't see the light on your side he can't give you a ticket. Please help if you can.

CdwJava

kilowatt41 said:
I hear that there is a law by the supreme court which says that if the officer can't see the light on your side he can't give you a ticket. Please help if you can.
No such ruling has been made that I am aware of.

We (the police) frequently make stops based on knowledge of light timing (if the light in one direction changes at the same time as the light in its opposite direction, then I only need to see one of the lights).

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">