• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kelly34

Australia

Not sure what the laws are online but I really need help on this. I met a supplier of web hosting for my websites I create 12 months ago. He told me there was no extra fee's and I was not obligated to stay hosted with him. His website even states "NO hidden fee's or charges" and it states "12 months hosting plus free domain name.

Last week I tell him I no longer wish to host with him as we have websites elewhere and we would like our sites transfered over to them. He said "That;s fine just pay out the 6 year contract" I was NEVER made aware of this 6 year contract and I am positive non of his other 1000 customers know eiether. He told me to go read the acceptable use policy and in there it states a fee table that I do not believe was there when I ticked the box and agreed to purchase. The terms and conditions are in a scroll box and there is a link in there that goes to another page that has the aceptable use policy with the fees. I believe he is only doing this because we no longer wish to use his services. We have purchased over 35 hosting plans from this person and I refuse to pay for any of the other years on them. Plus he has added there is a $150 cancellation fee! I also have signed documents from other customers of his stating they were never charged any such fee's and were transfered without any money having to be paid and they registered their plans after us. I was also told they have transfer fee's of $40 per domain and no where does it state in his terms or website anything about this, I have paid another. When asked why the others were not charged to change hosting provider he stated "because we are so rude".

Please help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">