• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of State inpspection sticker expired...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bruce765

What is the name of your state?

If I have an expired NJ inspection sticker and the car is registered in NH can I can a ticket? I will only be driving the car in VA.

Thanks!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Bruce765 said:
What is the name of your state?

If I have an expired NJ inspection sticker and the car is registered in NH can I can a ticket? I will only be driving the car in VA.

Thanks!

My response:

No, you won't get a ticket in VA. But, you'll be getting a ticket from both California and Nevada.

IAAL

B

Bruce765

Are those the only states where it's a problem?

So I can drive in other states with an expired inspection without getting a ticket?

Thanks!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Bruce765 said:
Are those the only states where it's a problem?

So I can drive in other states with an expired inspection without getting a ticket?

Thanks!

My response:

I was kidding with you!!

Look, let me ask you some real questions because I'm not following the connection between all the States you mention.

1. What State license plates do you have on the vehicle?

2. If the car is "registered" in New Hampshire, what does New Jersey have to do with this?

3. If you're driving with expired tags, don't you think it would be wise to register the car in Virginia to comply with their vehicle code?

If you don't comply with the laws of where you are a resident, and if you're stopped, you're going to get an additional ticket for failing to register the vehicle where you're domiciled.

IAAL

B

Bruce765

I am a NH resident. If I am driving it in VA with no Nh state inspection will that be a problem. In other words can an out of state cop give me a ticket for not having an inspection done in my state of residence?

Thanks!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Bruce765 said:
I am a NH resident. If I am driving it in VA with no Nh state inspection will that be a problem. In other words can an out of state cop give me a ticket for not having an inspection done in my state of residence?

Thanks!

My response:

You know Bruce, you and I are getting nowhere fast on this thread because you're not answering my questions, and you're answering questions that weren't even asked; e.g., "I am a New Hampshire resident."

Here's another question: How long are you going to be in Virginia?

Answer that question, and all the others, above.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">