• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Could I get my job reinstated?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lynnetteestrada

I worked in Oregon until November 14, 2004.

I was terminated on November 14 because of a customer complaint.

The customers statement was that I had called him a woman in a prior life.

I did not say that particular statement, and I am willing to take a polygraph to prove that I did not speak those particular words.

I am not interested in getting a monetary settlement. I would just like to be reinstated in my previous position with the company.

I believe that the customer made up this bogus comment because he was disgruntled because he could not use his American Express card, and was embarassed because he could not use his credit card.

Also, upon my discharge, two management employees who did not know me personally stated that I was hostile. If possible, I would like this stricken from my employment record because I am not a physically violent person, and would never hurt anybody, let alone touch them.

I am afraid by putting this on my record, it will keep me from attaining any other job in the retail world.

I appreciate all time and concern you give to my inquiry.

BelizeBreeze

Whether or not you can be reinstated is a company decision. Based on the facts as you presented them, the legal decision of whether or not you can be reinstated, is NO.

JETX

lynnetteestrada said:
I worked in Oregon until November 14, 2004.

I was terminated on November 14 because of a customer complaint.

The customers statement was that I had called him a woman in a prior life.

I did not say that particular statement, and I am willing to take a polygraph to prove that I did not speak those particular words.

I am not interested in getting a monetary settlement. I would just like to be reinstated in my previous position with the company.
There is NO legal or statutory obligation for the employer to reinstate your employment.... whether the statement was correct or not.

Also, upon my discharge, two management employees who did not know me personally stated that I was hostile. If possible, I would like this stricken from my employment record because I am not a physically violent person, and would never hurt anybody, let alone touch them.
hos·tile
adj.
1. Of, relating to, or characteristic of an enemy: hostile forces; hostile acts.
2. Feeling or showing enmity or ill will; antagonistic: a hostile remark.
3. Unfavorable to health or well-being; inhospitable or adverse: a hostile climate.

n.
1. An antagonistic person or thing.
2. An enemy in warfare.

There is NOTHING in the definition of 'hostile' that requires you to be physically violent, hurt someone or even touch someone. You can be a 'hostile employee' without any of those 'attributes'.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
"I am willing to take a polygraph to prove that I did not speak those particular words"

That may be so, but your employer is forbidden by law from administering or using the results of a polygraph test in any but very limited circumstances, none of which apply here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">