• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor refuses to remove his junk

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daswootn

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania.
Our neigbor bought an old flour mill that sits in front of our house and opened an "antiques" business there about 7 years ago. He asked us if he could use a small piece of our property in our lower yard "just until he got the back porch on his building". Since then our whole lower yard has been filled in with junk (broken apple crates, pieces of wagons, cut trees, pallets etc.) Every summer, for the past 5 years we have asked our neighbor to remove the junk and get everything off of our property, he tells us that he will but by the end of the summer nothing is moved. My main question is: Can we move all of his junk on to his property with out going through a lawyer or courts? thank you

BelizeBreeze

Write him a certified (RRR) letter giving him 5 days to remove his property from your yard. Also inform him that if the property is not removed at the end of the fifth day then you will consider his non-compliance as approval to allow you to remove said property and asses costs against him.

Then, if his crap isn't gone by the fifth day, remove it, take it to the junkyard, sell it or otherwise dispose of it then file a small claims suit against him for the cost of removal.

stevek3

daswootn said:
What is the name of your state? pennsylvania.
Our neigbor bought an old flour mill that sits in front of our house and opened an "antiques" business there about 7 years ago. He asked us if he could use a small piece of our property in our lower yard "just until he got the back porch on his building". Since then our whole lower yard has been filled in with junk (broken apple crates, pieces of wagons, cut trees, pallets etc.) Every summer, for the past 5 years we have asked our neighbor to remove the junk and get everything off of our property, he tells us that he will but by the end of the summer nothing is moved. My main question is: Can we move all of his junk on to his property with out going through a lawyer or courts? thank you
Perhaps he is merely expressing himself artistically. The broken apple crate obviously represents man's inhumanity to man, and the pieces of the wagon obviously represents the evils of man's indulgence in liquor. Are you anti-art?

daswootn

stevek3 said:
Perhaps he is merely expressing himself artistically. The broken apple crate obviously represents man's inhumanity to man, and the pieces of the wagon obviously represents the evils of man's indulgence in liquor. Are you anti-art?

i love art, just not his expression in my front yard. :p i think he's just using the antiques in the title of his business because it sounds better than junk store :)

FarmerJ

dont forget to take non digital pictures of the mess . the day you send the letter and the last day of the period you wait for him to clean it up himself and have the processor date them .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">