• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbors easing in

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ke4eue

I live in Virginia and I think I know what I have to do but I want to make sure . I have a neighbor next door to me that is easing over into my yard when he does the yard work I said something to them about it they were like oh really? I showed them the iron stake in the ground and also he knew what he was doing because I asked the county man reading the water meter because he was past my water meter and he said they would not put my water meter on his property. Well anyway now I find he has gone back to his habit plus I have noticed now he has planted a flower garden on his side and came over the line again ! I went out and looked for the iron stake and it has disappeared ! Plus now he is parking his truck on the curbing and it is up in my yard because the backend is 5 ft past my water meter . I guess now I have to have it surveyed again due to the stake disappearing but once I do and find he is over the line again what are my options Also I have a neighbor behind me draining his swimming pool into my back yard I said something to him and he said there is a utilities easement on my property which if that was the case why is the transformer in his backyard?? my old survey shows it on his side not mine!!

Thanks
Joe

kmo199

By the sound of it, you have no fence along the property line.
Hire a surveyor (again) to check and determine the exact markings
and construct a fence. Ask if he'd like to pay for half the costs,
but if not, (which is probable) then pay the full amount.
That will settle any incidents and problems from occuring in the future.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">