• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal wording for N.G. plea in NY

• Thread starter renegade_master
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

renegade_master

What is the name of your state? NY
I'm looking for the legal wording for a plea of not guilty and request for a supporting deposition for a NY state speeding ticket. Whatever is printed on the back of the ticket that you sign and then send to the court. The court has misplaced our original and wants a notarized copy of the same info.
Thanks - RM

renegade master writes:

I'm looking for the legal wording for a plea of not guilty and request for a supporting deposition for a NY state speeding ticket. Whatever is printed on the back of the ticket that you sign and then send to the court. The court has misplaced our original and wants a notarized copy of the same info.

“You next send a letter to the court, the address to which is written in on the back of the ticket. You must send the letter certified mail, return receipt requested. Keep the receipt the Post Office clerk gives you. The letter should contain your current address, the original copy of the ticket, and the date you got it. All you need to say is: "I plead not guilty. I request a supporting deposition. Please advise me of all court dates at the above address." If you say more, you are saying too much. Don't get into the specifics of the matter, why you are being persecuted, or what a rude boy the police officer was. It is not relevant at this stage, and the clerk won't care. Above all, don't get nasty - clerks don't deserve it. Remember, this letter must be sent within 48 hours from the time you got the ticket.” From “The Complete NY Ticket Fighter.”

PM me and I’ll provide some more specific information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">