• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor encroachment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tontomeme

What is the name of your state? Alabama. We have some property undeveloped in Alabama we are trying to sell. My dad purchased the property in 1972. It was supposed to be 40 acres more or less. An interested party had the property surveyed from my fathers deed and there are encroachments. The neighbor said his deed would show that he owns the contested property. What are our options? Does an encroachment over a period of time give possession away in Alabama?

HomeGuru

tontomeme said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama. We have some property undeveloped in Alabama we are trying to sell. My dad purchased the property in 1972. It was supposed to be 40 acres more or less. An interested party had the property surveyed from my fathers deed and there are encroachments. The neighbor said his deed would show that he owns the contested property. What are our options? Does an encroachment over a period of time give possession away in Alabama?
**A: in 1972, why did your Dad not order a survey as a condition of purchase?

T

tontomeme

I don't know. He is not very good when it comes to things like that. But his deed shows his property lines.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">