• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

E-bay fraud/Wachovia dispute won/Vendor coming after me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lauraladams

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I was defrauded of 441.50 from a seller on e-bay who lives in London, UK. I paid the guy this amount for a fitness machine this was half up front, I paid via western union.

I filed a police report with local police, filed an e-bay complaint and filed a report with the internet fraud division of the FBI. I also called Wachovia and sent them all of my paperwork regarding the dispute.

Wachovia credited my account for the 441.50, but took it from Western union. Now Western Union is coming after me for the 441.50 and is threatening to put me in collections if I don't pay by 12-14.

Can they do that? Do I have any recourse, since Wachovia took the money away from Western Union, not myself? Doesn't Western Union have to see a picture ID of the felon before giving the money I sent? And if so, can I demand proof of his ID?

I understand that Western Union was just doing their job, but Wachovia ruled against them, I didn't.

Does anyone have any advice/help regarding this situation?
Thank you kindly.

racer72

Western Union didn't rip you off. Yes, you now owe them the money. Your only option to get your money back is to travel to England and deal with the laws of a foreign land. And your travel expenses will not be recoverable either. Have a nice trip. Dress warmly, the weather in England can be frightful this time of year.

stevek3

lauraladams said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

I was defrauded of 441.50 from a seller on e-bay who lives in London, UK. I paid the guy this amount for a fitness machine this was half up front, I paid via western union.

I filed a police report with local police, filed an e-bay complaint and filed a report with the internet fraud division of the FBI. I also called Wachovia and sent them all of my paperwork regarding the dispute.

Wachovia credited my account for the 441.50, but took it from Western union. Now Western Union is coming after me for the 441.50 and is threatening to put me in collections if I don't pay by 12-14.

Can they do that? Do I have any recourse, since Wachovia took the money away from Western Union, not myself? Doesn't Western Union have to see a picture ID of the felon before giving the money I sent? And if so, can I demand proof of his ID?

I understand that Western Union was just doing their job, but Wachovia ruled against them, I didn't.

Does anyone have any advice/help regarding this situation?
Thank you kindly.
Take the first flight across the pond and hire a good barrister who looks really stylish wearing a silk bathrobe and a powdered wig in court.
Problem solved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">